- 20 jumbo pasta shells
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb sausage or hamburger
- Bring a large bottle of water to a boil. Add your pasta and cook according to the package directions. Drain the noodles and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spread 1/2 cup of your tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9x9 dish.
- Add the uncooked sausage to a hot pan and cook until browned. Stir in 1 cup of your tomato sauce and set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together the ricotta, 1/2 a cup of mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, and spinach. Stir the mixture in with your sausage.
- Spoon a hearty amount of the filling into each shell. Place into your prepared baking dish and continue until all are filled. Smother with the remaining 1/2 cup of sauce and generously sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake for an additional ten minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Follow the instructions above until just before baking. Cover securely with heavy duty foil or a freezer container.
- Take your stuffed shells out of the freezer the day before you plan on cooking them. Let them slightly thaw in the refrigerator.
- Bake at 350 degrees, covered, for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 20 minutes.
*If you like a more saucy pasta, add 1 extra cup onto your shells. This is also a good idea if you plan on freezing these for later.