Irish nachos are a fun twist on traditional nachos. Crispy, seasoned potato slices are drowned in cheese, bacon, green onions and cilantro...YUM!
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes wash with a vegetable brush, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 package bacon cooked and cut up into pieces
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- For dip:
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/2 cup jalapeño peppers sliced (optional)
Preheat oven to 450℉
Toss potatoes with olive oil. Bake potato slices on a baking sheet for about 15 minutes, turn over and bake another 15 - 20 minutes until golden and slightly crisp.
Next, overlap the potatoes in a cast-iron skillet that can be baked in the oven*. Season potatoes with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Bake for 5 minutes to melt cheese. Then sprinkle with scallions and cilantro.
For dip: In a separate dish, stir diced tomatoes into the sour cream. Serve on the side as a dip.